View Single Post
Old 11-15-2007, 05:51 PM

Default Re: So I\'m getting screwed by a bookie. Ideas?

There's a lot of really bad advice in this thread, and I'd really not like it to keep up even though some of it is funny.

Doing anything overtly illegal is a very bad idea. Directly threatening the guy is not a great idea. Attempting any sort of physical violence or thuggery in Dali's position is almost ludicrous.

Chase it as much as its worth to you. Don't take it any farther than you have to, and don't try to be a hero or think that the law or anything else is on your side. You're already in criminal territory and the last thing you want to do is descend any farther there.

You have one option -- verbal confrontation, ideally in their place of legitimate business. You have to try to be reasonable and get what you can. In your case I'd settle for $.50 on the dollar in payment plans from the guy if you could get it at this point. 5k a week for four weeks and you'll let him off the hook. Otherwise you'll be in his offices twice a day.

Pay back your investors at the same 50% rate, and learn the lesson of how bad an idea it was to try to run a syndicate pushing a rogue line on wong teasers through a local.

So far, the sweater is the second best idea. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

-P