View Single Post
Old 11-15-2007, 05:46 PM

Default Re: Tough OOP hand w/ A3s

[ QUOTE ]
Do you bet the river? I'm leaning towards yes because the way we played the hand, villain could be committed to calling with Jacks up. On the other hand, I don't think we're folding once we get to the river so we are losing to Ace better kicker/aces up regardless of how we play the river.

By betting, we can "represent" a busted flush draw bluff etc as well and could get worse hands to call.

Agree/Disagree?

I'm thinking jacksup check behind and so the only thing we're "inducing" is from another busted draw like QT or diamonds... but then again, villain theoretically shouldn't be betting that on the turn...

Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

you have to think about whether is betting range or his calling range that we beat is bigger? since the 9 got there on the river...i'd just check and let him bluff his missed draws which there are a bunch of. And if the villain was aggressive, he might read our turn play as weak and push over a river bet (albeit he'd probably just put us on a 9 that played the turn bad). but whatever, i prefer check-calling the river.