View Single Post
Old 11-15-2007, 05:34 PM

Default Re: Best MSNL Coaches

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
How much does BobboFitos charge? Anyone work with him? Results?

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been working with Rob for a couple months now, and I think he does a great job.

[/ QUOTE ]
How many sessions have you had with him? What aspects of your game do you think he improved the most? rates?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know what his rates are these days, they were going up about the time I started working with him.

We have done 5 sessions thus far. Areas of improvement? I think my preflop game is much better than it was, primarily in the area of 3-bet pots. It suprised me just how valuable his preflop lessons were. Postflop, we are just getting started. My bet-sizing on the flop is better than it was a week ago, and I think I've improved my understanding of the decision to bet/check the flop in some spots. I expect a lot more improvement as we move through more lessons.

The thing about Rob is that he's different from the other coaches who provide sweat and feedback - I would imagine that most of the coaches who provide that service (and do it well) are going to give the student more immediate improvement than Rob does. However, I also expect that once I complete his full lesson plan, my money will have been much better spent with him than it would be on most other coaches. In the longrun, I should be a much better poker thinker and poker player.

You'll have to follow up with me in a couple months to find out if I still feel that way once we're done.