View Single Post
Old 11-15-2007, 05:08 PM

Default Re: Favorite Classic Nintendo Game

[ QUOTE ]
How come no one has posted Gauntlet yet?

[/ QUOTE ]
I did. In fact, someone quoted me mentioning it.

[ QUOTE ]
My 2nd choice, and i don't think its been picked yet (Some people just listed the series) is easily the best of its series...

[/ QUOTE ]
Meh, I thought it was too easy. It was really well-balanced and fun, though. I never really played much of any of them after 3.
[ QUOTE ]
The premise of this game just boggles my mind looking back on it. What the hell were my parents thinking buying this for me?

[/ QUOTE ]
I have no idea, haha. I remember being really fascinated with the premise as a kid, and then when I finally got to play the game (like, in college), the controls were screwy (oh, so I have to TAP up to jump, otherwise i just walk up! Awesome! I'm sure that won't cause any problems!) and it wasn't nearly as fun as I'd hoped.

[ QUOTE ]
That's because nath mentioned every single title ever made for the NES in his posts.

[/ QUOTE ]
[img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

There were over 800 released in the U.S. I just picked the couple dozen or so that I spent an inordinate amount of my life on.

[ QUOTE ]
how did i forget bionic commando? and why did people think this game was super hard? i must've had a cheat guide to it - it wasn't that difficult for me. maybe if you are a super nerd like me and spent a half hour on the first level killing paratroopers for more life blocks.

[/ QUOTE ]
Haha, I did the same thing. I'm surprised you didn't notice the Nazi references before-- the last boss is very clearly Hitler. BTW, I'm pretty sure you can download a ROM version that's been hacked to change all the imagery and dialogue to re-insert the Nazi references.

[ QUOTE ]
Guys there's an entire forum for this on the left. Video Games under Other Topics.

Maniac Mansion

What rocks so hard about just listing off all the NES games you used to play, especially when the thread is "favorite" and not "favorites"?

[/ QUOTE ]
Dude, go be a killjoy somewhere else.