View Single Post
Old 11-15-2007, 04:38 PM

Default Re: Razz - playing a 9

[ QUOTE ]
It's probably a true characterisation that I am an over-aggressive donkey in this game.

Anyway, I guess I might be off base in the issue, but I really only think raising here is "very bad" when he has a slowplayed monster. If a weak line is best here I really think I should have just thrown this hand away on 3rd, which I guess maybe is the preferable play according to you guys?

[/ QUOTE ] I think "donkey" is a little harsh, you are a pretty smart player. I'm not sure I'd have folded on 3rd, tho' I generally don't play too many 9s. I like this one as a "take a cheap look" hand. And I am not saying 4th raise is wrong so much as saying, "Know why you do whatever you do." It's an axiom from my cop days - how you approach a car, hold a flashlight, take an attitude, you have to know why you do what you do the way you do it.

If this approach works for you, gets you more bets in the long run, then it does. If you go over your hands and think it isn't working so well, you might make a different choice. One thing for sure, if you suddenly tighten up, I bet all these people pay you off for a long time!