View Single Post
Old 11-15-2007, 04:37 PM

Default Re: Sleep Paralysis, Lucid Dreaming & Hallucinations.

Sorry to derail this thread, which seems to be mostly about Sleep paralysis, but I think this might be worth something:

I've never experienced sleep paralysis, but I do lucid dream very often. I started training myself maybe 6 months ago and these days I can lucid dream 2-3 times a week on average, which is considered very good. It was very easy to train and there are many good articles/websites on lucid dreaming on the internet.

It is awesome. My dreams are very clear. I remember very vivid details. It is a great feeling waking up in the morning and remembering a dream that you controlled. I was in a dream last night and I remember telling myself that this was a dream and to try to keep it going, etc. That is the key, realize you are dreaming, don't get too excited, and just go from there.

The basic plan I used was this:

1. Keep a dream journal next to your bed. When you wake up from dreaming, immediately write down your dream using as much detail as possible. Doing this right when you wake up is important because the dream should be fresh in your mind.
2. Every night before you go to sleep, read over a couple dreams in your journal to get into a good state of mind.
3. Practice. The biggest problem I had when training is that I never realized I was dreaming, as stupid as that sounds. I used to wake up and be like, how did I not realize that was a dream? It takes a lot of practice to realize you are dreaming and to focus enough to keep the dream going.

I didn't go into great detail here but if anyone has any questions about lucid dreaming, let me know [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]