View Single Post
Old 11-15-2007, 03:29 PM

Default Re: Adults dupe teen into MySpace-assisted suicide

WTF, that girl isn't fat at all, or it doesn't seem like it. Unless its one of those "angles" photos. She actualy seems "pretty."

Also, its cannot be a criminal suit but it sure as hell can be a civil lawsuit. How much were the myspace parents to blame, its really a judgment call but they sure as hell are to blame for it.

I really don't see how some of you guys are arguing that it would be different if a 14 year old did it as opposed to an adult? Most adults haven't really grown up and are still very immature. The thing is that revenge is revenge no matter what age you are, and you certainly don't think about the effects your decision can have when you're taking revenge.

There's been a shitton of threads in OOT where people post their best revenge stories and some of these people are supposedly adults, does it change the fact that they decided to take revenge, no. Thing is, the myspace parents found out that their daughter got befriended from supposedly her best friend and I'm sure it crushed their daughter (who was prolly not a looker to begin with if she was friends with Megan, j/k.)Their daughter prolly started crying and as a parent you feel that you have to stick up for you child and this was their way of going about it. Anyways, so in order to get back at Megan for hurting their daughters' feelings, they played the Myspace scheme. Did they take it a bit far, yes, but at that time they were thought they were justified in doing so in order to get back for the "defriendment," probably.

My point being that you can't really blame the parents that much because they were only thinking of their little daughter and her feelings before the feelings of Megan and her conditions and what it would do to affect her. I know everyone's gonna reply back to this by saying well as adults you have to know between right and wrong and stupidity and non stupidity, but most adults don't know jack [censored] and are really stupid when it comes to common sense issues.

Bottom line: both parents were to blame for this tragedy, one more than the other but it still doesn't change the fact that it happened. Also, the myspace parent's daughter has done absolutely nothing wrong in this whole regard and I really don't see the hate for her.