View Single Post
Old 11-15-2007, 02:58 PM

Default Re: What is a \"normal downswing\"

Well a downswing can last a shi**y long time, better to see over a x amount of hands. If your still - after 10k hands your probably doing something wrong.

Variance is a harsh mistress can easily make you loose alot of buyins in a short amount of time and vice versa.

Hand 1 lay it down maybe on the flop,turn. If you dont have a read 3 bet means jj+ and if he's agro aj+. What do you beat of in thet range that he'll bet on the turn? I would probably lay jj down pf (nitty i know) Since jj is really hard to play 3 betting and so hard to play being 3betted against. But you have to lay it down on the turn, what would he 3bet pf bet both streets that you beat? AT and a bluff? Rather unlikley without a read.

Second hand is trickier, My warning signals would go on when he flatcalls your raise. If i dont improve on the turn i might shut it down or check/shove. But i dont like shoving on the turn cause you often draw dead to your overcards. If im going ai with this hand i want it to be on the flop.

Hand 3 is a tricky one also. But you should raise him on the flop or on the turn to see where you stand. Check calling him down aint that good cause you have no idea what he's holding. Reraise flop and if he comes over the top you might have to consider folding.

On all the hands what handranges did you put your opponent on?