View Single Post
Old 11-15-2007, 01:59 PM

Default Re: So I\'m getting screwed by a bookie. Ideas?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Think of it this way if you lost and didn't pay what do you think he'd do to collect?

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't think it's a good idea to suggest that he does what the other guy would do. Like MicroBob said, the bookie is probably broke and in the hole. People change when they're desperate and backed into a corner. I know if I had a family, I would approach this guy in a way that would keep them farr from any danger. I hate to sound morbid, but people have killed for much less than $80k and I wouldn't want to put a lowlife bookie to the test.

Also, Performify is 100% right.. you never should have let the debt grow so big.
On that note... Dali, you need to stop putting so much trust into people. I mean, look at this. This is a big real life leak that you need to plug.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't have a lot of time to comment ATM, as I 'm about to run out to the hospital to see the Dalibaby, but a couple quick things.

1. I am specifically owed just under 52k. Before the weekend I went 31-0-5, it was just under 8k, which I was comfortable with leaving on as a credit with him in case I happened to have a bad week. The rest of the $$$ is owed to people who copied my bets/referred me. Obv I was planning on getting paid on this total before going forward with him.

2. Saying I'm overtrusting and overgenerous to a fault with friends and acquaintances is rarely going to be wrong.

3. I doubt the bookie is broke; I think he just decided that since I have been there, starting ~week 11 of last year, I have cost him upwards of 125k and had enough.

4. The main reason I was betting with him was that I was getting better odds/lines with him, a friend had referred me and never had a problem b4, ( course, he never hit him nearly as hard as I did either.), and I was a bit short on liquid funds for betting at the beginning of the year, and posting up on a site would have been problematic.