View Single Post
Old 11-15-2007, 01:04 PM

Default Re: Jeopardy! I can no longer boast that...

[ QUOTE ]
Anybody who says they have only gotten one question wrong in a particular category has only seen like five episodes or is completely full of [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]

Heads up for rollz?

If you didn't buy that story, you're really going to doubt this one:

If Jeopardy is on tv in the poolroom, or at a bar, I offer the following bet: Whoever wants to play puts $1 into the pot. We all write down our answers to the Final Jeopardy question. Whoever gets it right, splits the pot. If we all miss, we all get a refund.

I've done this about 20 times in my life. Only once did I not get a piece of the pot.

I'm not saying I answered correctly 19 times. There were times that I missed, but still got the refund because everyone else did, as well.

The one time I lost was a question that I didn't know, but I was confident that no one else in the poolroom knew it, either. One of them did get it right, however. He then admitted that his answer was total guess, a stab in the dark.

I forget the question, but the answer was clearly one of the first ten Presidents. He guessed "Andrew Jackson" because seven was his lucky number. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

A lucky guess marred my lifetime unbeaten streak.