View Single Post
Old 11-15-2007, 10:31 AM

Default Re: Any Full Tilt regulars on here? NL 200 and NL 100

[ QUOTE ]
I also think people underestimate the different table dynamics beween the sites - it is inevitable that different regulars will change the way tables play

[/ QUOTE ]

It's funny I was having this exact same conversation earlier with my brother about how a 'tit for tat' approach by the regulars can totally change the dynamic of a site.

I'm of the opinion that if I'm seated with solid regulars I generally look to try and play them fairly straight up and not get out of line. I must qualify that I do this because I know they are good enough to adapt to anything I do and vice versa. I could start 3-betting them light but sooner or later they will 4-bet my light or raise/check-raise a lot of 3-bet flops. I could call them in position a lot and beat them up like that but they would just start to do it back to me....and so on and so forth.

A lot of the regulars on Full Tilt are quite exploitable at the moment. I bet you I could log on now and take two buy ins off Narena in less than an hour without showing a hand down. I know I could but to do so would be utterly stupid as Narena won't just stand by and let it happen forever. If I thought a regular would then I'd of course exploit him till the cows come home. However, I know that to win those pots vs Narena I'd have to get waaaaaaaaaay out of line and I also know that he'd respond by trapping me and getting out line back. The result is that we'd keep probing at each other until eventually chips were flying around left right and center with bluffs, re-bluffs, etc. The net result is that we'd probably still break even against each other but our variance and stress would be massive.

If we were talking about high stakes then I'd agree we both have no choice but to go down that line as 'most' players are solid regulars so you need every and any edge you can get. However, I'm there to take money from the fishes and I'm quite happy to break even against the other solid winners. If they don't push me around, I'll not push them around and so on.

I think this is why a lot of the regs at FT are winning well without having hyper aggro games. All it would take would be for a few regs to start getting mega aggro and everyone else would adapt to a point where overall you have to play LAG to be a big winner. Think of it a little like crowd dynamics - just a few people can start a pretty big chant/riot.

FWIW, FittSmurf if you post here and read this you seriously need to stop dicking around with me [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]