View Single Post
Old 11-15-2007, 07:27 AM

Default Re: I Worry About Some Of You

All David is saying is the same thing we have all been saying to every non player that says online poker is rigged:

"If it's rigged, it's rigged in my favor, who cares?!"

"If your making money, your making money."

Yet now that we "know" they cheat our song is different! Did we really ever doubt that there are cheaters at every site? If you play online poker your are accepting the risk because the reward outweighs it.

We have known all along that there are cheats, nothing is different. Weigh the risk against the reward, make the call.

If you are repulsed, as I am, then don't use that method because the risk reward equation is not the correct formula for weighing ethics.

Do I think it is a morally responsible post? Not really, but if you are looking to DS for ethical guidance you do have some f'd up [censored] going on in your head (no offense, but not a strong first choice). If you are looking to make money, you've come to the right place.

I am guilty of giving the same advise David did, and most of you are too. "Despite the known existence of cheaters (on any site), you should still play because it is profitable."

Personally I won't play there (ABS) until I am reasonably sure that things have changed. This may require new ownership, not sure... I am risk averse and morally outraged, they have an uphill climb with me, but I do note they seem to be shopping for rope.

If ABS was the last site on Earth, how heavy would morals figure into the equation? I think things would change for me because I would still want to play. I suck.