View Single Post
Old 11-15-2007, 06:16 AM

Default Re: How to handle this type of player?

I am probably going to lock this thread eventually because its much too general, but consider this.

What you have here is a battle of bravery. He is weilding his position on you, yes... but it works because you wont play back at him. The answer to your question is actually quite easily come across if you are prepared to play with your stack.

You raise, he flats. You bet, he calls. You check the turn and he bets at you - which is where you normally fold - but this time you call, and open shove the river.*

You raise, he flats. You check, he bets, you call. You check again, if he's dumb enough to bet again, you checkraise allin. If he checks through, bet 5/8ths pot on the river and see what he thinks about his ace high now, bitch.

(these hands are obv board dependant. you have to represent something)

The thing is that you are afraid of him, and you are afraid of losing your stack to him. But the point is, he is using that fear against you, and he will win every single pot until you grow some balls and play back at him for stacks. Hit him back! Let him know that you are an insane mother [censored] and money means nothing to you, so you can't be pushed around.

If you cant do this, leave the table (which tbh is more than acceptable and what I would often do if I was in the mood for a low variance session).

*this is a fantastic and dangerous line. They will almost always fold the first time you do this, but its such a spastic line and it looks so bluffy that the next time you do it, they'll call you (you will have the nuts, of course).