View Single Post
Old 11-15-2007, 05:23 AM

Default Re: So I\'m getting screwed by a bookie. Ideas?

I can't imagine that taking it to the police could be in the least bit helpful.
He's probably busted so I really don't know how you are going to be able to collect.

Had a roommate several years ago who ran hot with his bookie and we also had a couple neighbors who places bets through him who also ran hot.
Then the bookie skipped town still owing my roommate around $10k...a couple of thousand of which were supposed to go to the neighbors who were mighty ticked and were ready to take it out on the roomie. They were somewhat suspicious that he was just keeping the dough himself but I am pretty sure he wasn't based on how really freaking scared he was and also a couple of his phone convos which I don't believe he knew I overheard.
Since he didn't even know where this guy went I'm pretty sure he never got paid.
gg $10k.

Anyway, bookies skipping town when they are in deep is all too standard I suspect. And if they don't have the money to pay you then it's not like it's going to magically appear just because you are really ticked about not getting paid.

My hunch is that it is going to be an awful amount of work to get this guy to cough up even a fraction of what is owed.