View Single Post
Old 11-15-2007, 03:39 AM

Default Re: KK, UTG, above av. chips, Stars 55k, on the Bubble

yeah yeah yeah..... KK in this spot should be considered a medium pair and the AK push is how they teach you to play it in sklansky's TPFAP book..... i thought AK before i got that far in the reading of your post. i'd fold and show my KK and be happy that i have over 13M left and can still make some moves....

i've been wondering how to deal w/ this situation myself in the "land of make believe" and not stacking myself w/ something overplayed that I could have got away from. (read my series on pushing AK vs pushing or small raising it)

u're only a 2/1 favorite against ace anything ... do the math...500+1000+10(100 antes) = 2500... your 4000 and his 4000 = 10500...+ 26000 more = 36k... you have to call 28k into this... it's barely over 1.2:1..... EASYYYY FOLD... and show him your hand so he knows u aren't messing around UTG. I've pushed w/ this at times in spots like this and even A2 A3 A4 etc all still stand the same chance of crippling me. uses your stack to abuse the blinds and get cheap $ that way, it sounds like you can cripple them

moral of the story, i'm uber-paranoid and feel like online poker is like a slot machine... hand patterns are picked not random cards, yet I $$$$ 30% (ft2%) of the time so obviously i don't lick donkey nards... but i don't get to FT's much in 400some person $2-$5 buyin donkaments, cuz i'm not restealing w/ KQ and stuff like that from the blinds to accumulate.
online AK can always beat pairs, but it rarely ever beats Ace-rag. i'm convinced of this. bond may ban me forever, but i'll still stick to my guns.