View Single Post
Old 11-15-2007, 03:10 AM

Default Re: Phil Hellmuth best holdem player by far

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I love how he says stuff like "I used to crush all the cash games 10 years ago."

I wonder if he has any idea how incredibly soft those games must've been back then compared to today's games. I mean, live poker NOW is soft, can you imagine pre-poker boom cash games? mmmmmm

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, cash games pre-poker boom were much more difficult than today. It's also why you could rarely find a NL or PL game.

[/ QUOTE ]
Level? Please?

[/ QUOTE ]

srsly

Someone with a ton of NL experience back then was probably someone who had played like 10,000 hands lifetime. Now with all the info available, with people who have played millions of hands and studied the game with tools like Pokerstove (keep in mind the Hellmuth who apparently crushed these games was the same one who thought AKo was a favorite over AK suited).... geez pre-boom games must've been 5x softer.

If they were tough it would only be because they were incredibly nitty, or maybe you could argue that there's so much more just complete dead tourist money today in live games, but still with not even the best players being that good by today's standards, NL back then must've been cake.

[/ QUOTE ]

the games then were the same as the games now. remember 10 years ago there was only 1 big bet game in the entire city of los angeles. and the players who crushed that game are still the exact same crew that crushes the big games at commerce now exept back then they were all at the same table and now you can choose between 50 different tables w/ a new 22 year old donk trying to break in every minute of every day of the week.