View Single Post
Old 11-15-2007, 02:14 AM

Location: ***yankees offseason thread*** oh and Gd River Ave Blues
Default Re: ***yankees official offseason thread*****

[ QUOTE ]
The point of my comment is that Salaries on the highest end havn't raised a great deal since A-Rod's deal. Sure there are more guys making 10 million and still grossly overpaid players but the fact that there has been one long term deal for 20 mil plus tells me that if A-Rod gets 28mil a year theres a better chance that he won't get topped than he will.

Out of all the guys you listed Santana is the only one who is def. going to get 20mil + per year for multiple years.

I could see teams going absolutely nuts over Santana, and he would be the guy who could get more money.

[/ QUOTE ]

we may not resolve this until 2017, but the likes of JD Drew are making $14M/yr. there are now 50 players making $11M+ and growing. i expect those salaries go to $20M over the next 10 years. you may be right, but i'll take the over. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

how much did salaries increase from 1997 to 2007? what about 1990-1999 (to avoid the crazy year). i think it's more than 50%, even if that was helped by the srike.