View Single Post
Old 11-15-2007, 02:10 AM

Default Re: Adults dupe teen into MySpace-assisted suicide

marchron - hmmm, interesting. But still the heat has gotten a LOT hotter with the article getting published.

[ QUOTE ]
The fact that this was an elaborate and lengthy premeditated plot to bring this girl crumbling down, knowing full well she was suffering and being treated for a mental illness makes this situation much different, and I think what they did to her is enough to place blame on them for being responsible.

[/ QUOTE ]
EXACTLY. I have no idea why GOT is going on and on in this thread like it was a single insult or mean act that was the final straw that pushed her over the edge. It was a cold, calculated mindfuck of a girl who on top of her other problems probably had terrible self-esteem because of her weight at a time when being accepted by her peers is at an all-time high.

The thing is, most people just want to know that they're desired and OK for being who they are. Particularly at that age. This fake account came along and made her feel wanted and allowed her to delude herself into thinking that someone out there thought she was beautiful. Then the rug was pulled out from under her in a way that seems about as cruel as possible. I honestly have to wonder if GOT even read the article with the way he is responding.

And if you want to see how 14-year-olds can be, there is a forum on this very site in which they roam free: http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/po...p;Board=Laughs