View Single Post
Old 11-15-2007, 01:13 AM

Default Re: Weird Hand on All Streets

Folding preflop seems like a big mistake to me. SB nearly minraises and you can expect everyone else to usually fall in line once you call, so you're getting too good of a price to muck. SB's line seems strange to me. It looks like a line he'd take if he wanted you to re-pop it, so i'm against re-raising here. So I agree with the preflop call.

On the flop I think raising is the only viable play with the amount the SB bet and two players left to act behind you. If you call w/ the best hand you're laying a tremendous price for the players behind you, so I like a raise, but I'd raise slightly more, $500-$525. I think there's very few hands you're ahead of on the river, and in general I like a check fold, but I'm torn about checking the turn. I could be completely wrong here, but isn't 67s, 89s, and JT a fair enough part of a 16/11's range to consider a turn bet? I might be completely off base here, but I think a turn bet isn't terrible and if I knew more accurately how a 16/11 played I may or may not advocate betting the turn, but against a lot of players I follow through hoping to get value/price out/get a little FE with a turn bet.

As played I think it's a coin flip between b/f something like $500 or c/f, b/c i think 88-QQ is a big part of his range here. I know that sort of contradicts what I said above regarding betting the turn, which, I think is the hardest decision in the hand. I think if you bet $500 on the river you might occasionally get looked up by JT, T9, and 89, and it's less likely for him to turn one of those hands into a PSB river bluff.

-Tex