View Single Post
Old 11-14-2007, 11:29 PM

Default Re: The rake is unacceptable

I agree with the original poster too. And, I'd like to add that I think it's ridiculous that the internet sites have a higher rake for an average sized pot then the Bellagio does. For $15-30 limit hold 'em, fulltilt takes a flat 5% up to $3 max. Bellagio has a stepped system of something like $1 at $30, $1 at $90, and so forth. Bellagio goes to $4 max, but that only happens for the large pots. On average, you're paying more on fulltilt. Also, Bellagio will cut the rake to $2 max for 5 handed play. Fulltilt still charges the $3 for 5 handed play. Finally, I'd just like to mention Borgata in AC charges a flat $10 per hour for $10-20 and they give you back $1 per hour of you have a comp card, which I believe is a better deal then the per pot rakes at Bellagio or on the internet sites...

I find it hard to believe an internet site has a higher cost of doing business than a B&M. I think WSEX never became popular because the UI was so horrible to use. I really wish a site with a decent UI would compete on rake.