Thread: AC scenario!!!
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2007, 10:37 PM

Default Re: AC scenario!!!

[ QUOTE ]

Not being able to convince me never stopped you before. Why don't you offer a counter-argument if you believe what I said to be naive.

[/ QUOTE ]
I can say "they could do a, b and c" and you can say "no they wouldn't! they'd lose business" and I can say "not necessarily" and you can say "it wouldn't be worth the risk" and I can say "'worth it' is a subjective value" and you could say "nah-uh, it's necessarily -EV" and I'd say "you can't define someone else's value for them and you'd say "but these practices would eventually weed them out of the market" and I'd say "nah-uh". I'm not sure we'd get anywhere, because we already had this debate in the Absolute Poker thread.

If you really want a counter argument though, I'll bring up the example of the US mafia. They engage in many practices which are immoral by most people's standards and have been around for a long time. And they don't just operate in black markets, yet many people have no problem doing business with them. So it seems your claims about "mistakes" (I disagree with calling things mistakes just because they're unpleasant or unjust) weeding themselves out do not hold up in the real world.

vat of glue ftw.