View Single Post
Old 11-14-2007, 09:34 PM

Default Re: Turning 35, or Starting the Back 9

NHLNut, Most of my long posts take a while because I want to articulate my thoughts as clearly as possible. However, some of them go quick if I'm just rifling out the words.

Okay, onto my question. This could probably be a thread of its own, but this thread should serve as well.

All right all you old people*, I have a question. You all talk about how the person you were at 21 is so different than who you are now (Fish, lookin at you in particular, but others please respond)...

I like going on vacations once or twice a year that probably run me $400-600. I thoroughly enjoy them for the relaxation and the travel aspects. I am not at all a partier (I don't even drink alcohol). In some ways, I feel like it is an amazing thing that I should do while I have the free and clear opportunity. At the same time, I'm a college student with $20,000 of debt (and growing to ~25k by the time I graduate).

I was just wondering if you guys think that I will regret having taken these vacations that may make it tougher on me in the next couple years financially, or if you think that it is generally a good idea since I so thoroughly enjoy it?

(FWIW, I have about $11,000 cash to my name and my parents 'may' be helping out with my loan debt....so it isn't like these vacations strap me for cash at the moment).

*I hope by now I've expressed that one of my greatest respects is for my elders and that I value life experience wayyyy more than your average person, so I just mean this in jest. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]