View Single Post
Old 11-14-2007, 08:22 PM

Default Re: Adults dupe teen into MySpace-assisted suicide

[ QUOTE ]

30% The child - she took the rope and hung it around her neck. ultimatley she was the one that decided to end her life. If this happened to 95% of the children in this country the result would not have been death.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the problem with this argument is that the "bully parents" didn't target some random kid. They knew that this girl had a problem with depression and was on medication. Their intent might not have been to drive her to suicide but it was definitely to hurt or scar her emotionally. And I have trouble seeing how two fully grown adults, who are parents no less, could overlook the girl's history and not anticipate that suicide was a very possible outcome. They had to know when they begun their little experiment that this could have happened and yet they continued anyway. I'm no lawyer so I won't debate the legality of the whole issue but I don't think there is any doubt that these people are straight evil. Ultimately it was the girl's decision, you are correct, but it is important to note that she wasn't emotionally stable and the parents couldn't possibly have overlooked that. (Unless people can really be that fundamentally retarded at that age.)