View Single Post
Old 11-14-2007, 07:14 PM

Default Re: Write a Brief Dissenting Opinion About a Popular Title Thread.

If they were to release a serious editor it would likely be complex enough to dissuade your average 14 yo retard gamer from making 2 rooms and flaming the development company when their submission gets rejected.

Or even if they do get swamped, they hire voluntary moderators to weed out the submissions that don't suck. There's millions of ways to manage the influx, and that's not even the biggest concern, that's more of a "something to worry about once you actually decide to go this route" concern.

Like, I'm seriously irked that I shelled out $60 for Orange Box and I won't be able to have any more Portal maps, even though it's the type of the game where the user community will undoubtedly make about 50 awesome and fun maps to extend the life of the game by like 5x its original length. If Valve were to do this, then I really doubt that they'd have any trouble finding like 10 dudes that spend all day on the Steam forums and seem to be good posters who could compile a list (for free) of the best user-made maps to put on Xbox Live.