View Single Post
Old 11-14-2007, 07:04 PM

Default my investment firm asking ?\'s on my occupation

A few weeks ago I got with a top investment firm in my area to take some of my money and professionally manage it. Everything was fine but now that I have given them all my signatures, money, etc. All of a sudden I miss a few phone calls from the firm which I figure it was my broker and when I get the call it was a different rep. asking me questions regarding my profession. She wanted to understand more on what my job intails. She asked me if I played poker online, and if so are the companies international. I told her at first I didn't get what she was saying because it was hard to take in how she was saying it and 2 I didn't know if she was going to be using what I responded to my disadvantage.. I told her I play online and live and pay all of my taxes with a CPA and to my knowledge am doing everything within the law and paying all my taxes. I just got off the phone with my broker and it seems the reason they were asking these questions was because of the laws regarding offshore poker sites and if they would take me as a client.

Should I be worried about the phone call? It seemed she was pressing international online poker sites...

Any advice I should tell my broker or the rep. that called me?

Also, would my account at my firm increase my chances of getting audited?

I'm sure some of you guys have professionals managing your money. Has this issue ever been addressed to you?

Any help or actual experience in this area would be helpful.

thanks