View Single Post
Old 11-14-2007, 06:39 PM

Default Re: Ethical Question

I've returned money that was given to me by mistake at an underground. If a teller makes a mistake be it at the bank or at a store I always correct them. I don't want them to be responsible for someone's till not balancing.

I'm not sure how I feel about a site. I think my answer depends on the site. I'd vote for keeping it from Absolute in a second.

I'd also need to know if you could pay the funds back should they notice eventually?

[ QUOTE ]
Why would anybody think it was OK to keep money that did not belong to them?

[/ QUOTE ]

Normally I'd agree with you but I've started to think that if companies choose to be incompetent then they deserve to feel the pain of their mistakes. I had a bookie years ago who would often forget to update NCAA time changes. At least twice he was still taking action after the game was past the half. I liked the game already but when I realized my team was winning by a lot I added more to the bet. I see this as similar. I guess that is why the site would be important to me. If they were a professional site that made this one mistake then I'd return it. If they were constantly incompetent then I'd keep it.