Thread: AC scenario!!!
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2007, 06:35 PM

Default Re: AC scenario!!!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
For all the drug users and other types of crimes that aren't actually crimes, I agree they would just flat out be released.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's why I used "victims" because I, like you and most others, agree that drug use is a victimless crime.

Cody

[/ QUOTE ]

I wasn't disagreeing with you on drug users; I was just repeating you.

I was disagreeing that criminals with victims would be released with no further penalty, as your post implied. Maybe I misread you.

Obviously we don't get to AC overnight, so the OP is sort of goofy to answer. I was just pointing out that the criminals would probably be held subject to private arbitration, where some compensation would be determined. (And incidentally I would think there would need to be some compromise between what the perpetrator rightfully owes in a vacuum, and what he should owe considering he already spent X time in prison according to the state's method of justice. It isn't fair to the victim that they should get less compensation, but it also isn't fair to the perpetrator to make him pay the full amount when he already served a prison punishment. I would say the two parties would have to split the cost of the state injustice in some way that professional arbitrators determine is fair.)