View Single Post
Old 11-14-2007, 06:18 PM

Default Re: FAQ:\"What’s a good win rate for X limit?

Uh, the analogy totally works though, because just like in poker, the vast majority of people will fail at getting a high paying professional job, like being an engineer etc.

Most people will end up doing something like being a gardener, a plumber, a trash man, a waiter, a small time construction worker, bottom level employee at some large company etc etc etc. Most people DO NOT end up being a lawyer/doctor/engineer/scientist/etc. Just like how in poker you need to do a lot of studying, get a lot of experience, be intelligent, be patient, blah blah blah the same goes for getting a high class dayjob, its the same thing. So although for most people the answer would be "gl holmes you'll probably fail" the answer for people who actually went to college, studied hard, did internships etc is kinda different from the answer for the avg person. This is because the latter described person actually put themselves in a position to not fail, and now they wanna know how much money is normal for someone LIKE THEM to make. I thought the analogy worked fine, but I guess I could be wrong.

-bfactor