View Single Post
Old 11-14-2007, 06:10 PM

Default Re: Limit\\NoLimit mix

[ QUOTE ]
In my home game we get on kicks from playing Limit Cash games for a few months, then NL cash for a while, tourneys for a while etc...

For whatever reason we have started playing a game with $1\$2 blinds with a limit structure preflop and NL post flop. I say "we" but I have not been in the game the last few times so I havent played it yet.

Anyway, I'm trying to think about some strategy. We have a mix of loose passives, and loose agressives. Just about everyone is very loose PF with a couple of "thinking" players post flop.

What is the optimal strategy for this game?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is insane... the change in strategy is easy.

Assuming everyone has ~100BB:
Play A LOT more hands preflop. Hands like 87o are now playable UTG if you can potentially stack someone postflop, even for 4bets (assuming it is capped at 4bets). If you put in $2x4 = $8, you will still have $192 behind.

If everyone is calling preflop regardless of the betting, you may want to slow play super strong hands preflop so as not to tip your hand. In fact, AA may only have set value if you are OOP in 6-way action. This reminds me of pot-limit omaha where you must be very careful in raising or reraising AAXX hands preflop.

Occasionally 3 bet hands like T9s so as to throw your opponents off. Deception preflop is going to be key!

If everyone is shortstacked, you will have to tighten up a bit preflop.