View Single Post
Old 11-14-2007, 05:23 PM

Default Re: Turning 35, or Starting the Back 9

Wow. This family discussion went weird in the last few posts. FWIW, I don't perceive any threatened tone in bogey1's post. He simply states that he enjoys his family.

I share his sentiment. In fact I started a long post about the importance of family to me last night. Then, as is often the case, I hit the delete key. (I probably delete about 50% of what I start to write in the lounge.)

On the other hand, one of the reasons I feel pretty blessed when it comes to family is looking around and seeing how screwed up many families are, (which by extension means people in general can be pretty messed up.)

Appreciating family doesn't mean you put it on a pedestal above all else, or don't understand that some people have to cut all ties because of the evil in their bloodlines. Please! Where is this coming from?

I can wish people would live up to their potential while fully realizing than many won't and some fail miserably.

Back to the OP. A very nice "stop and reflect" message.

[ QUOTE ]
Last Thanksgiving, one of my sisters asked how my "little job" was going. Fine, I guess, if you consider managing a $2 billion product line little.

[/ QUOTE ]

This caught my eye, partly because I have a job that's difficult to describe, and partly because your work sounds interesting. I can completely understand if it's not something you can share about online, though, as my work is not something I feel I should post about on a message board, (not to be obtuse, it's basically sales.)

Also, 35 is just the start of your best years! It's nice to be old enough to not give a crap what others think.