Thread: AC scenario!!!
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2007, 05:16 PM

Default Re: AC scenario!!!

[ QUOTE ]
I imagine those that are ON jail will simply climb off.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

[ QUOTE ]
But, and I'm just guessing here because there's no "correct" answer, they would be released since no lawful authority exists to hold them. That is, if you don't count the victims families or the victims themselves. But because any DROs/Houses of arbitration wouldn't have existed when the crimes were commited and the victims couldn't have contracts at that time, all the criminals would have to go free.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure I agree, but I'm just guessing too. I'd imagine there would be some transition where criminals with actual victims would have an arbitration hearing before being released, assuming their victim(s) were not already compensated.

And it would make sense that their release might be supervised in some way by some agency working on behalf of the victims, to make an effort to ensure a good faith attempt to pay the required compensation (if the compensation was a large enough sum for that to be worthwhile).

For all the drug users and other types of crimes that aren't actually crimes, I agree they would just flat out be released.

Maybe I'm being nitty, but I just want to be clear that it wouldn't be like you flip a switch and now everyone who was in jail is now walking the streets with a clean slate.