View Single Post
Old 11-14-2007, 05:03 PM

Default Re: I suck at poker and handreading

[ QUOTE ]
rzk, IMO a guy like the villain described is jamming a lot of draws in position and should be fast playing made hands vs. us, that heavily skews his range on this turn to a semi-bluff type showdownable draw - or KQ. I know we have a queen so that makes a queen less likely but he raised a queen which makes it MORE likely.

You don't have a leak if you can recall a player like this raising mainly hands that crush AQ in this spot.

[/ QUOTE ]

the thing is, when it comes to knowing what players with specific stats do, i put more trust in the experience of people like you than in my own, simply because you've played much more hands in your life.

but having said that, i think people play differently vs. a preflop raiser and vs. a preflop 3-bettor, because (a) the 3-bettor is less likely to fold, which makes semibluff raises less effective, (b) he's more likely to continutation bet the turn, which creates more incentive to just call the flop and (perhaps) raise the turn with both draws and made hands. so i think we can't discount too many made hands based on the fact that he didn't raise the flop and we should probably discount some draws because he will often decide it's not worth spending 3BB's trying to make a strong pf hand fold on this board (i said 3BB 'cuz he knows you'll rarely just b/f the turn).

also, just a general observation - not specific to players with good stats - it generally feels like when you are raised on the turn on a board with so many cards in the playing zone, the villain can usually beat top pair (by "usually" i mean >50%).

don't know if any of this corresponds to your experience.