View Single Post
Old 11-14-2007, 04:55 PM

Default Re: Adults dupe teen into MySpace-assisted suicide

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It's worth noting that this girl's parents are partly at fault for letting her get so fat. Bad parenting led to a very unhappy child.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not the parents fault shes fat, its corporations like McDonalds who are to blame for that. <font color="white">im kidding </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

BS. Her parents have complete control over her diet. Don't try to absolve them of doing a good job of raising their child. Plenty of parents do it just fine. I know if I ever have children they won't be getting fat and "corporations" aren't going to somehow make it happen behind my back.

[/ QUOTE ]

From the article:

[ QUOTE ]
She was heavy and for years had tried to lose weight. She had attention deficit disorder and battled depression. Back in third grade she had talked about suicide, Tina says, and ever since had seen a therapist.

But things were going exceptionally well. She had shed 20 pounds, getting down to 175. She was 5 foot 5½ inches tall.

[/ QUOTE ]

This doesn't paint a picture of them shoving Big Macs down her throat. Food issues often come with depression. (It can be a form of self medication.)

You can lead. You can only have healthy snacks at home. You can encourage. You can't control even your own children 100%.