View Single Post
Old 11-14-2007, 04:16 PM

Default Re: NL50: TPTK, check behind on flop for pot control

Snafu'd--my bad, i didn't include shorty's stack size in OP

[ QUOTE ]
You've also got to think about meta, considering if you c-bet a lot, you've probably got to do it with the goods, too.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm not saying I disagree with you, but here is another way of looking at it, which may be wrong. I do cbet prolly 90% of the time headsup on flop, and if I had a set or pr+draw etc, I bet here to build the pot. One thing I like about checking with a hand that hits the flop and wants a medium-sized pot is that it balances the times when I check behind when I completely miss on a flop like T 8 7 with a flush draw.

I would often play this hand cbetting flop, checking turn for pot control and toinduce a river bet, and then call or valuebet river. Based on the results of this hand, I think I played it ideally, but I don't want my general approach to hands like this to be biased by the results from one hand.

If consensus is check behind here sucks, are there any decent hands you would check behind on this flop, like Q9 or JJ, or does everyone bet this flop and then evaluate checking behind on turn?