View Single Post
Old 11-14-2007, 04:16 PM

Default Re: Adults dupe teen into MySpace-assisted suicide

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I disagree. If I take someone who I know is emotionally unstable and I put them in a situation to purposely torment and hurt them, and not just by calling them poor or ugly mind you, I take weeks and build up their trust. I make them fall for me, and become an integral part of their emotional well being, by building them up, making them rely on me to feel good about their self, giving them value as a person and then I drastically snatch that away in the worst possible way, and completely humiliate and degrade them, as an adult I realize there is going to be a reaction to that. it might not have been the one I thought it was going to be, but there sure is [censored] is going to be one, and you cant predict what its going to be from someone unstable, but yes I am responsible for the outcome.

This isnt teasing someone at lunch, this isnt making fun of some homeless guy. This is a total mindfuck that took place over an extended period of time. Comparing these two situations shows a complete lack of understanding about what took place here.

[/ QUOTE ]
All you're saying here is that the action of teasing them is more despicable, which I fully agree with. I completely disagree with your assumption that PersonA can or should be held responsible for what PersonB chooses to do with their life. Everybody is affected by others; that's unavoidable and I'd hate to think what life would be life if that wasn't the case. But thankfully we all have the freedom to make our own choices. We don't often have control of our circumstance, but our voluntary actions are just that. The mindset that other people should, or even CAN, be held morally responsible for my own actions is self-justifying cop-out BS.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok, different scenario, but im curious as to what you think about it.

I start a cult, I get some weak minded emotionally troubled people with an intense desire to be accepted and to follow. I then spend several months mindfucking and brainwashing them until they think I am the grand exalted poohbah supreme God of the universe. Then I tell them to start going out and killing people. Since their actions are thier own, I am no way responsible for the deaths of the people they chose to kill, since they obviously could have chosen not to do it. So morally in your opinion I am guilt free? legally as well?