View Single Post
Old 11-14-2007, 04:04 PM

Default I am sure this is against a rule, be banned (first post-car problem)

I did not see an automotive forum and so I am going here, although I'm sure in doing so I am probably breaking a rule and will be banned, but I digress...

I have a 1990 Ford Thunderbird 3.8L and lately experiencing a car problem.

Two days ago my car started this loud thumping noise which appeared to be coming from the back of my vehicle. Yesterday it was a more squeaky type noise, then on few occasions I would lose very slight control of the vehicle from the back like a mini-fish tail. What it feels like to me while I am driving it is the nuts of the tire slowly unscrewing or the sound is like if you put a rock in a round container and kept on shaking it(trying to paint a picture of what it sounds/feels like in there). The thing is, this loud thumping or squeaking will be directly correlated with how fast I am going. If I am driving slowly it is almost non-existent. Then when we speed up it will get faster and faster. So thats what leads me to believe it is something to do with my tires.

Also we have looked through the tires to see if it was a nail stuck in it or anything and nothing there. Any help or thoughts is appreciated. And any questions I would love to try to answer because I really have no idea what to do with this.