View Single Post
Old 11-14-2007, 03:22 PM

Default Re: The Well: TheMetetron

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Also, I don't only play at Party Poker (but "American" sites too!) and do so for a reason: Party Poker isn't some sort of golden promise land where money grows off trees. The regulars there, are surprise, surprise, better than the regulars on any other site. I know, who would've guessed.

[/ QUOTE ]

the datamining i've seen suggests that there are very, very few players at any level on stars & full tilt sustaining long-term winrates > 3-4ptbb/100. in fact, there really aren't many sustaining winrates even that high.

yes, players sometimes enjoy 30k stretches at 6ptbb+, even 50-60k. but over 100k+ hands, winrates that high just do not appear to be sustainable.

have you played 100k+ hands at any one level on a US site at > 6ptbb/100? have you played 100k+ cumulatively on US sites at > 6ptbb/100?

if you say you have, i'll believe you. but i just want to confirm this before i proceed to additional questions. you've described yourself as a >6ptbb/100 winner, but i just want to make sure that you've truly established that to be accurate on US sites.

[/ QUOTE ]

My push towards incorporating other sites into my game is fairly recent so I don't yet have 100k hands at non-US sites. When I do, I'll post results.

[/ QUOTE ]

Looking back on my datamining for Party, the biggest winner with a sample of over 50k hands aside from me is 5.5 PTBB/100 over 55k hands over my datamining of around 2 million hands at $3/6+. No one else is above 4.5 PTBB/100.

Now, I'll admit my sample size of 2 million raw hands isn't huge, but it isn't insignificant either. I don't think there are many people on any sites pulling in 6 PTBB/100 or more long-term, so I feel proud of what I've accomplished.