View Single Post
Old 11-14-2007, 02:45 PM

Default REVENGE!

My small blind, a bunch of limpers, I throw in one chip with J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Flop comes two diamonds, there's a bet and a raise, and I cold-call. Turn is a non-diamond which also gives me a straight draw, there's a bet and raise, and I cold-call. River is a diamond, I bet, both opponents call, and I win the pot.

By and by I'm must-moved and by and by and by the guy who had been the raiser in that hand is must-moved to my table. By and by and by and by I raise first in from the hijack with A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Only this guy, who is in the big blind, calls. Flop comes T-7-4 with one club. He checks, I bet, he calls. Turn is the 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], so now I have top pair and the nut flush draw. He bets and I raise. He thinks for about 20 seconds, and then calls. River is another 2. He checks, I bet, he think and calls. I turn up my obvious winner and he turns up . . . 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] for the more obvious winner.

"That guy paid $240 to draw to a flush at the other table, I was waiting to get back at him," says he.

I, as is my wont, say nothing. Next hand.

By and by and by and by and by I am racking up to leave. My last hand, UTG, I get pocket jacks and raise. Two guys cold call including my new friend, the blind folds, so the three of us see the flop: K-Q-x. Checked around. Turn an Ace, checked around. River a blank. Check, check, now my buddy bets. I call, 3rd guy folds.

My buddy sits, looks back at his cards, squirms and squiggles, and finally says, "I guess you got me." He shoots his cards in the muck and says, "Jack high."

As is not my wont, I say, "that's what I had," and show a jack. He says, "If you show one card, you have to show both."

I say, "You're right," and, with that, I shoot my other card into the muck.