View Single Post
Old 11-14-2007, 02:29 PM

Default Re: Gambling Addiction

[ QUOTE ]
im pretty convinced that there were few responses in this thread because no one wants to admit to themselves about their gambling vices.

[/ QUOTE ]
i didn't post cause i can't comment on in first person but while i was at school i had a friend who had a compulsive gambling problem. he would bet huge sums on sports and play online poker during the day at my apt while smoking an eighth of dank a day instead of going to class. he loss to the tune of 2500-5000 a month. when he would get low on cash he would head off to his family's c-store and steal a roll of $5 scratchoffs and we would scratch them all off so he could get the $150 out of the $300 roll of tickets. he had it bad for gambling and smoking dank and still does. funny thing is him playing poker is why i got started in online poker but yet i have grinded up a roll from $36 to $630 while he constantly runs through money.

as far as winning players having an addiction i go through periods were i play a lot of hours and then i go through periods like i am in now were i have to literally force myself to play. normally this is b/c i do not want to play a long session and i know if i start playing and get stuck its marathon time. i kind of equate it to drinking soda. sometimes i cannot get enough of it and then some days i can't stand it.