View Single Post
Old 11-14-2007, 12:58 PM

Default Re: How do you handle this?

[ QUOTE ]
A player shows his neighbor his cards then finally mucks.

I will always request to see a hand if its pretty clear he showed one of his neighbors his whole cards before he mucked. If that person chimes in at all then i'll tell him what i tell everyone: if you don't want me to see your cards then dont show your neighbors. Its simple, show one show all. I won't ever request to see a hand at showdown if the person doesnt want to show.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is pretty classless. Why be that guy? A lot of fish play poker for the "community" of it. They want people's attention and sympathy. Let them have it. It's not like it is hurting you if you can't see their hand when they muck. If you want them to show you their hand too, this isn't the way to go about doing it.

Look, you too can get a fish sitting next to you who will want your sympathy from time to time. Give it to them. Maybe they will share their hole cards with you every once in a while and you'll get some free info.

Personally, I really don't care. As long as the fish are happy that's fine with me. I'll watch like a hawk for any info I can pick up, but there is no need to gain the ire of the other players by acting like a prick.