View Single Post
Old 11-14-2007, 12:20 PM

Default Re: Straight on turn faced with river push on flush card

Preflop is fine against loose players. Against tighter players a raise would be great -- if you either have folding equity or can create folding equity for the flop, bomb it preflop with a raise to somewhere between $0.80 and $1.00. Note: at a typical table, just completing is probably best.

You hit a FANTASTIC flop -- now bet it. Put in $0.30 or so and start blowing opponents out of the hand. Alternatively, get called by most/all of them and have a much easier time getting all-in if/when you hit your miracle card.

As played, turn is standard.

As played, river makes me very uncomfortable. That was an absolutely ugly card, but villain is relatively short now. I don't want to check/call because I can't really expect him to wake up and bet. I think I'd probably bet $1 and call a push -- if villain is as bad as you say he could easily do this with two pair (rivered three pair) or with something like A4. Getting 2-to-1 odds from the pot I grimace and call. If I had bet the flop, bet the turn strongly, and bet the river, calling the river raise would be a trivially easy crying call.