View Single Post
Old 03-20-2006, 04:01 PM

Default Re: i got sexied by a slovenian

Against this player, I would actually fold that river 0% of the time. Seriously. Basically never. After all that aggression, he basically knows you have a pair. I would think that in his eyes a flush draw is not likely for you, given your history with him. You called the turn, so you are likely calling one more bet on the river. So...

If he is looking for value, c/ring the river is pretty greedy, but not out of the question. If he was on a semibluff, that is the only way he wins that pot.

I try not to go overboard with levels of thinking in these games (specifically the big games on party), but I think that giving in to aggression late in a hand against someone you know to be able to make moves is to be avoided. Villain does not sound like a BAD poker player. Just somewhat non-traditional and selectively overaggressive. He has shown bluffs, and you have a history together, so he knows you know he is capable of moves. So he knows you know he knows this, so maybe you will fold the river. He also knows you are weary of being outplayed. You are the exact player against whom the river c/r bluff can work, so you should call.