View Single Post
Old 11-14-2007, 12:12 PM

Default Re: I Worry About Some Of You

Mr. Sklansky,

(This is one of the 5 serious posts on this thread, so please read)

I have understood what you have been saying in your posts since your first one on this issue, so I don't apply to that 2nd group.
You also believe that an Absolute Poker "boycott" is "probably futile" (atleast it's a lighter stance than you took a few posts ago), and you're right, it probably is. I am not even going to argue about the whole pragmatism vs. morality issue, as it doesn't matter here. Because regardless of your thoughts on a "boycott" and how improbable it may be, what has gone overlooked by most people on these forums is that you have already agreed to take up this cause .

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
"I would be all for a probably futile effort to put them out of business if it was clear they have retained their thieves."

[/ QUOTE ]

It's abundantly clear that they have done just that.

Had they not, you can bet we would have heard about the arrests and prosecutions shouted from the rooftops of Costa Rica. Did Barings allow Nick Leeson to chill on a Panama beach and still get paid?

Instead, AP continues to protect, cover and lie for the perpetrators. It has officially named and shamed NOBODY in any of its garbage statements regarding the scandal, except when claiming Scott Tom hasn't been involved with AP for over a year (a proven lie).

Now you know, I hope you will stand by your statement and help to drive these cheating scumbags out of poker forever.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course I do.
(You then go off on tangents that would take up too much space and have nothing to do with this.)

[/ QUOTE ]

The words are there, Mr. Sklansky. You typed them, now live up to them. Your posts so far haven't been pro-AP, they have been, in fact, anti-AP, yet the problem is you can be doing so much more to force Absolute Poker out of business. You can start by using some of your many connections in the poker world to try to get something done here.

Sincerely,
PoorSkillz