View Single Post
Old 11-14-2007, 11:46 AM

Default Re: New to Vegas - Micro limit player

As a total hijack of this thread, I always find it amusing that people will suggest players move to higher stakes poker because the rake is difficult to beat at a certain game. Most often the case is that the player does not have the bankroll to play higher, nor can he beat the players at the higher stakes. While beating the rake might be difficult or even impossible in some games, the rake remains the same and never changes. The gap between your opponent's ability and your "dis"-ability can grow greatly at higher stakes and while you can beat the rake in theory, if you are severely loosing to the other players, you would have greatly benefited from playing smaller stakes. You might still have a loss but the losses will be on average much smaller if you are just loosing to the rake and not to the players also.

Just my 2 cents, which I feel applies to the OP since he admits he is on a short bankroll and his current skills aren't what they used to be. Personally, I applaud him for being honest with himself about it.