View Single Post
Old 11-14-2007, 10:03 AM

Default Re: Multi-tabling with HUDs

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
fwiw i have always been able to fix lag issues completely by running pt on a seperate computer and networking it in. I've been too lazy to set that up again yet, but if i keep at 12 tabling cash games and the lag continues I'll get around to it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you have postgresql running on the seperate computer and have the hud access the database over the network, or have the database on the poker computer and have the other import hands over the network?

I had the database on another computer and all was fine until my wireless packed in causing pokerace hud to have a huge fit and pretty much crash my computer costing me more than the occasional slow downs did.

Also does anyone know why it seems to lag more the longer I have been playing? I wonder if cleaning out the old hand histories from the hand history folder every so often might help.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm low tech, I had a access database, database and pt running on the other computer, pah accessing that database over the network. the only odd thing i ran into is if you compacted the database it wouldn't work anymore, so I just didnt compact. also, donno why the time playing makes it worse. Party was always horrible in this regard, the reason i came up with the solution in the first place, but it is noticable at stars also.

[ QUOTE ]
I had the database on another computer and all was fine until my wireless packed in causing pokerace hud to have a huge fit and pretty much crash my computer costing me more than the occasional slow downs did.

[/ QUOTE ]

hm, just reread, did that happen to be after compacting the database, cause sounds like the problem maybe. It says it's a network acces problem when it doesn't work anymore after compacting. I started a new database and all was fine again.