View Single Post
Old 11-14-2007, 06:46 AM

Default Re: Sleep Paralysis, Lucid Dreaming & Hallucinations.

I'm surpised noone has mentioned OBE (Out of Body Experience) or Astral Projection yet, Astral Projection being the more newageish term of the two. I would imagine both of these are connected to sleep paralysis.
Almost always people (including me) who gets this starts off with saying they experience 'being awake' in their dream. Then they hoover out of their body or just walk out of it thinking they are awake. Some people report seeing their body in bed and freak out and wake up because of it. That never happened to me though. Most of the time I freak out anyway, when having a dream like this.
Hearing your mom and dad speak to you is apparently common. As is hearing music. I often hear electronic music or what I would call battlefield metal. Stuff in my room often turn into what looks like characters in my dreams, which someone else mentioned. I definately think this is because your eyes are halfopen and doing that REMthing when dreaming.

To take this further try and get out of the room you are in and you are in for a big surprise. Also try and fly if you do manage to 'get out of your body'. It can be a lot of fun and the sensations in your body definately feel real, even if they are not.

When I wake up after a dream like this I feel completely exhausted most of the time. Then after 15mins or so the exhaustion fades away and I feel normal again.

As an important sidenote, I first remember experiencing this in a haschpsychosis and it was the most horrifying experience ever. This was 7 years ago and since then it happens regularly twice a month or so. Sometimes it's good and sometimes it's bad. But it all started with that psychosis.

I am also convinced these dreams occur when our brain produces a little bit more DMT (dimethyltryptamine, the stuff that you can really, really trip on) in our sleep than usual. Anyone else got thoughts on this?

Nice topic btw, and the dorrito bag hallucination was hilarious!

Peace

J