View Single Post
Old 11-14-2007, 06:38 AM

Default Re: FutureDoc, Look inside.....[CENSORED] THREAD! [CENSORED] THREAD!

so ive had a few friends try small stakes SNGs after seeing what I have accomplished.

one guy who is a dorm friend was content being a microstakes breakeven donk that posted a lot in BBV under the assumption that being good at poker required a lot of time, something he didnt have due to a girlfriend and practicing MMA. well, he got a staph infection and had to stop MMA temporarily, and his being lazy on the couch got him into poker again and he got his BR up to 1k playing $6 sngs and is about to move up. he has some promise.

another guy, a roomie, is doing awesome at micro SNGs but struggled to start because he blew his winnings at microstakes PLO. he has a 19% ROI over 200 games at $3 avg stake so he has some promise as well.

a third guy is a friend of a friend and really had the motivation to get better with poker. sadly, he just didnt get it and despite watching all the Jackal69/ActionJeff SNG vids and having 2 sweat sessions with me his total SNG result is -$100 at micro SNGs, which is tragically sad since his total BR to start was $100.

basically, the moral of the story is not everyone can be successful with poker. however the first and second friend of mine I both knew from my dorm (which is famous for being the nerdish dorm). so, nerds have a statistical advantage at sngs.