View Single Post
Old 11-14-2007, 06:32 AM

Default Re: CNN Article putting Poker in a more positive light, highlighting skill

[ QUOTE ]
I really think that arguing the skill factor is a complete waste of time. After all, what skill is involved in a lottery?

Skill is a ruse that politicians hide behind. The real determining factor is raw political power. When online gaming gets to the point where politicians see more benefit in supporting it than banning it they will sudden have a revelation (like they did with lotteries) and see a reason to vote for gaming.

We just waste our energy even arguing about skill until that point - its just a deception that politicians invented.

[/ QUOTE ]

No. There is established caselaw regarding the skill v luck debate in several states. Not only that, but most people with an open mind who seriously examine poker will ultimately determine that skill predominates. Thus this is established precedent that favors the legality of poker.

I agree that raw political power can get a law passed one way or the other, but in many instances you have to work with what you have. I don't think many Judges are predisposed to hate poker. I think we would do very well with such a rule.