View Single Post
Old 11-14-2007, 05:20 AM

Default Re: Great film

[ QUOTE ]
He hid behind the door that had swung open, and the door was never shown to be closed, so either he was there as long as Jones was there, he left while Jones had his back turned, or he was truly a ghost who could sneak out at will (that is, get out of the room w/out Jones noticing in the time it took Jones to get inside).

But I don't think he was really ghost-like, because Moss was able to detect him beforehand, as well as get the jump on him in the street. On a related subject, one of the things that interests me most and is never revealed is how/why they caught Chigurh at the beginning. That's the type of thing that always fascinates me about these stories.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is explained somewhat in the book. Spoiler here... <font color="white"> At some point in the book Chigurh explains that he did something odd. He was at a restaurant or diner and a few young men disrespected him. Normally, he would have always killed them. This time he decided he would let them go. However, when he is leaving the restaurant, they confront him again and he kills at least one of them. I forget the exact details. He is pulled over by a cop shorty afterwards and he lets the cop arrest him. He says that he wanted to see if he could get away. He was testing himself I suppose </font>