View Single Post
Old 11-14-2007, 04:57 AM

Default Re: Play a hand with me (NLTRN)

I'd like to hear discussion about minraising vs raising something like 2.5-3x at blind level 25/50. Why is minraising better? I heard that minraising and cbetting half the pot is pretty profitable against average opponent.

The point is (I think, I haven't really minraised that "deep") that minraise gets more calls but also gets many folds on the flop and is cheap to do so it's a good low variance play on these levels.

Betting to 2.5-3x put more pressure on opponent and will get him to fold more often. Giving up against a shove is also a bit tougher. Also the flop bet will be larger so it's very often push/fold situation on the flop. But is that a bad thing?

I see that a minraise preflop makes the betsizes ugly to play against on postflop. Pushing is quite risky and calling (½ pot) gives opponent good odds to outdraw and get BB so pot committed that it can be tough to give up.

Now that I have given this a thought it seems that minraising from the button makes sense. Is there someone who would say that raising more is better?